Sunday, March 18, 2012

Locked!

Spring break is officially over today. As for public middle/high school, Spring break is officially on yesterday!

I missed my students, even though we will only meet once a week. I wasn't at school last week, took my weekend off visiting friends in Golden, CO. I was really surprised, the class was unusually half-emptied. I saw tiring, unfocused faces in class and decided to give extra credits to those who attended today's session. How lovely, admirably little faces sitting in front of me. They sacrificed their leisure time just to come to school. They could have just be absent and spend days playing video games or go on vacations.  

I was asking one student to repeat after my readings when she asked me to repeat myself as if it was an incomprehensible instruction. I thought she was focusing on the readings, listening to the proper tajweed. This reminds me to a verse in the Quran:

Then do they not reflect upon the Quran, or are there locks upon [their] hearts? [47:27]

Astaghfirullah astaghfirullah, may Allah forgive us for our sins. Some of us may occasionally became blurred after listening to a simple lecture, or majlis ilmu or anything. Pray to Allah, may He opens our heart, our senses to grab these knowledge and not to be among those who He locked their hearts. Astaghfirullah.

This is indeed, a reminder for myself.
 
-This was taken last year-

Whatever happened today, thank you kids, you guys made my day :) Alhamdulillah!

No comments:

Post a Comment