Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Precious Gift

Bismillah al-rahman al-raheem,

Layla was gazing through out the window when she saw her student is calling her name.

"Teacher, may I have a moment with you?"


"Sure, any time in the world for you my dear", her smile and gesture sometimes beautifully touch the heart of the students, make them feel comfortable asking questions to her.

"I am not sure whether I can pass the final, I know you teach good, but I just do not have time to study. There are other commitments for other important subjects", the student gracefully expresses her concern.

Layla smiled. She placed her gentle hands on her student's shoulder and said,"It's okay my dear, I understand your situation. Just do your best in the review and the upcoming paper. The questions will not going to be very hard, you can have my words".

"You'll find a precious gift after you sit for the paper", having heard the word precious gift, the student walks away with happy expression and stop complaining about the exams.

On the day of the exam, the student was the first to arrive in class and zealously insisted on writing the exam though there was still lesser people in the classroom. 

While other kids were entertaining themselves in playground, this unique student came to see Layla.
"Can I claim my precious gift, teacher?" she asked.

"I've given you the most precious gift in the world", she smiled. 

"Where?", the student asked impatiently.

"Here", Layla pointed to the student's watch. "I've given you my time, and I've made you be able to accommodate another important tasks in your life, my time, was my precious gift to you", she added.

The student shed in tears, realizing that she was wrong. Learning and success are not just a matter of scoring the final exams, but also a matter of understanding, a matter of time and effort one's put to guarantee a satisfaction though one's cannot guarantee an ultimate victory.


You can have anything in the world works in your nature, but you cannot have time to be slowed down, or moved fast in accordance to your preferences. Once time passed by you, it will never wait, never until you said, "Go!". Therefore, do appreciate time, because time is the precious gift that Allah has given to us, beside our faith and life.


Wallahu'alam.

No comments:

Post a Comment