Friday, June 22, 2012

In Sya Allah, God's Willing?

Bismillah,

"Promise me?" 
"In sya Allah."
..........................................

"I thought you promised me?"
"I said in sya Allah, but it seems that Allah did not permit me to fulfill my promise"



This happens. This is normal in our society. Deen taught the devotees to believe in takdir, to tawakkal after trying so hard to achieve the target. But leaving the consequences with only hope and in sya Allah without any attempts are not the what the deen has taught us to. Isn't Allah also has mentioned in his verse that, He will not change destinies of people if they themselves do not put effort to do so?. Undoubtedly, takdir is divine secrets, no one knows unless Allah gives the ability to do so. 

Today's scenario suggests that promises do not lie behind the word "in sya Allah". Rather it depends on one's willingness to carry out the duty to fulfill the promise. 

If using the phrase comforts the people who we dealt with, that's no longer happen in the society. Nevertheless, some cultures are still sticking to this, for example, the Arabs. I have really good Arab friends who really care and emphasize the use of this phrase. Ini barulah janji Muslim. Often heard about janji Melayu? I don't hold unto that, I rather hold unto janji Muslim.

>A gentle reminder for myself<
 "Promise me?"
"In sya Allah, may Allah make this easy for me"

*Don't make a promise if you can't hold unto that*

Allahu'alam.

No comments:

Post a Comment