Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Survivors Special Edition

Salam 'alaykum wbt.

Alhamdulillah, after almost a month travelling from central California to the edge of the North America continent, I am finally back in the 21st century, I am finally home. Away from civilization, I knew only rocks and trees, my campsite and my tent, my gorgeous hiking boots, my mapping board and my lovely Mr. Brunton. Got up at 4:30 am in the morning for subuh prayer then got ready for another super long day, that was my routine. Should a government officer starts working at 9:00 am and come back from work at five, I did the same, except for my schedule started at 7 am in the morning. 7:00 am to 5:00 pm daily. Yes, and the routine lasted for almost 29 days. Not under the cool of air conditioning, neither under the windy ceiling fan, but under the hot sunshine and the pacific blow from the Western California. Sometimes we had our lucky day, hail poured in, ouch! That's hurt my head! At least, the days with hail were a little bit colder.    

After all, this experience reminded me of my favorite tv show when I was younger; Survivor. I was wondering how would they survive in an island with no facilities etc. Now I get it, yes, boleh punya, nothing is impossible. I remember a person told me "the word impossible itself is breakable into I'm possible!". Absolutely.

Not wanting to write much in one post, I'm gonna share the stories based on the series of assignments I did throughout the field camp AND, mind you, I have lesser picture because I was too focus doing my mapping ;D and I don't have a good camera to take photos!

"You can't direct the wind, but you can adjust the sails"
Allahu'alam.

No comments:

Post a Comment