Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fixing the Broken Wings

Bismillah al-rahman al-raheem

I wanted to fly up high
I wanted to be free
I wanted to care less about life
I wanted to care less about responsibility


Ouch!
Broken wing
I landed to a foreign land
To the people that I supposed not to belong

Ouch!
Afraid of losing my freedom, wrong
Afraid of being hurt to the truth, wrong

These foreigners of the foreign land
They saw no difference
They sense no hatred
They hope no rewards
of fixing my broken wings
to return to the sky
All they want is for me not to leave the memoir of happiness
from this foreign land
back home
to the place where I truly called home.

Tucson's Halaqah of 2010-2012 in memory. May Allah grants us the strength to continue this good practice of reminder next semester. Indeed, the priceless time we spent every Friday night, more or less insyaAllah united our heart and soul to the right path of deen. Syukran Kak Esfa, Syukran Hazrul and the rest of the graduating seniors! 
Thanks for fixing our broken wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment